What is HVO100?
HVO100 (Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil) Fuel is made from 100% renewable items and is free from any fossil fuels. It is produced by using sustainably sourced vegetable and animal matter to ensure its production does not have any negative impact on the environment. In Europe, this is covered under the EN15940 Standard. As HVO100 has a chemical structure similar to diesel fuel, HVO can be easily substituted for diesel without any impact on the efficiency of your equipment.
HVO is seen as the best and easiest paraffinic option available to help reduce your carbon emissions immediately.
Can your equipment use HVO100?
Kalmar Shuttle and Straddle Carriers fitted with Volvo or Agco engines can start using HVO100 immediately. Kalmar Stage 3,4 & 5 reachstackers, forklifts, terminal tractors and empty container handlers fitted with Volvo or Cummins engines are now certified to use HVO100. If you own a certified machine you just need to discuss with your local Kalmar support team if your equipment needs a minor upgrade or it is ready to start using HVO straight away. It’s quick and easy to get fitted and will start cutting your CO2 emissions by up to 90% as soon as you start using HVO100 Fuel.
HVO100 Fuel is part of Kalmar’s step by step approach in helping your business reduce your carbon emissions and supports Cargotec’s Climate Ambition to reduce our own CO2 emissions by 50% by 2030.
To see a full list of certified Kalmar equipment that can use HVO100 click here.
Other ways to cut your emissions.
HVO fuel is one great way to cut your current CO2 emissions by up to 90%. Kalmar also offers a range of other eco-efficient solutions that you may want to consider.
- Our Kalmar Eco Reachstacker can reduce your CO2 emissions and fuel consumption by up to 40%.
- Kalmar Hybrid Straddle and Shuttle Carriers can reduce your CO2 emissions by up to 40% in comparison to traditionally powered diesel engines.
- A choice of electrically powered forklifts, shuttle and straddle carriers which produce zero emissions at source.
- Kalmar also offers a range of yard cranes [ASCs, RTGs & RMGs] with eco-efficient hybrid or electrically powered drivelines which can substantially reduce your CO2 emissions.
- Use Kalmar Insight or Kalmar Maintenance Remote Support to continually optimise your fleet so they are using less fuel by operating more efficiently.
- Kalmar Care offers a range of tailorable service packages to ensure that your equipment is running optimally.
- Kalmar’s range of upgrade, retrofit and modernisation services will help you optimise and improve your fleet's performance and reduce their carbon footprint.
Check with your local Kalmar team to make sure your Kalmar equipment can use HVO100 and if it needs a minor upgrade before you start using HV0100. HV0100 is manufactured to the EN15940 Standard in Europe, if HVO100 is available in your market please check that it complies with your local manufacturing standards. HVO100 cannot be substituted for by other Biofuels that are not regulated or have been approved by the engine manufacturer. Use of Biofuels that have not been certified or approved for usage by the OEM should not be used.
Emission saving calculator
Emissions using 0% HVO100
Emissions using 100% diesel